Phoenix Pet Odor and Stain Removal for Rugs
Pet urine in rugs can often times be difficult to remove. If not removed quickly or properly, you’ll most likely notice a lingering smell that can be nearly impossible to remove. However, at Dr. Chem-Dry, our revolutionary system as allowed us to remove even the most difficult urine stains and odors from delicate area rugs.
We use Chem-Dry’s exclusive Rug Urine Treatment (R.U.T.®) that is guaranteed to remove the pet odor from most wet cleanable rugs. This process was designed to fully eliminate urine and odors embedded deep in a rug’s fabric. It is the most effective way to remove any pet stain or odor from area rugs.
Note: Pet urine can cause permanent damage to your area rugs and other fabrics. It can also create an unhealthy indoor environment. This is why it is best to call Dr. Chem-Dry to help you with our expert area rug cleaning services. Call today at (602) 243-6379.
Where does the pet odor come from?
There are two sources of odors associated with urine. The first comes from bacteria that grow abundantly in dark warm places with a never-ending food source. The waste materials and gases from the decomposing urine create an unpleasant odor. The second source of odor is chemical odor that is present even when the bacteria have been killed. When R.U.T® contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins bonding itself to the urine molecules to then remove them from the rug…forever.
Why is pet urine in carpet so hard to remove?
Urine cannot be removed or neutralized by ordinary cleaners. Even mother nature can take up to 5 years to break down the odor causing molecules. It is very difficult to clean the rug yourself or use normal steam cleaning methods to remove the stain without spreading the urine. This is because the amount of water and the force of water that spreads the urine crystals to new places, making it more difficult to pinpoint the affected areas in the rug. This is why at Chem-Dry we have developed a special method of removing the urine from the rug.
Rug Urine Removal by Dr. Chem-Dry
- Pre-vacuuming and rug dusting – We pre-vacuum the top and bottom of the rug with our industrial vacuums. Then we use our special rug dusting unit to remove excess soils from the rug.
- R.U.T.® – Our Chem-Dry exclusive Rug Urine Treatment R.U.T.® is a two step process that can take up to 5 hours to complete the removal of the urine from the rug. The rug is treated with R.U.T.®
- Step 1, then the Urine Removal Pit is filled up with R.U.T.
- Step 2 to fully immerse the rug to ensure complete coverage of the area rug. Then after 3 hours of circulating the water we extract all of the excess urine that was removed from the rug.
- Note: The Urine Removal Pit is separate from our Rug Cleaning Pit to decontaminate rugs before moving them into the Rug Cleaning Pit to be cleaned. This way we don’t cross contaminate rugs that never had urine in the first place.
- Thorough Cleaning – Using our area rug immersion cleaning process we can do a super deep cleaning on even the most expensive of rugs. We use a green certified product special for area rugs that is completely green and wool safe.
- Drying the Rug – We use one of our two drying systems for your rug. We dry most rugs on our area rug drying racks and also have a special rug drying floor for those specialty rugs. Now your rug is ready for pickup or delivery.
Call one of our Customer Service Reps today for more information or to schedule your appointment at (602) 243-6379.